Is your regular detox failing to achieve the desired results?
Does your skin look a bit paler than normal?
Do you need something to calm you through the piling anxiety?
Juniperus Communis is known to be the female seed cone which is thoroughly produced by an array of different junipers. As a matter of fact, it’s not a true berry but rather a cone with scales which are abnormally merged and fleshy and they resemble a berry. Apart from being used as a spice in traditional European cuisine, the plant’s berries are distilled to produce highly beneficial essential oil. The latter comes with a variety of health enhancing benefits and it has been used for quite some time.
What is Juniper Berry Essential Oil?
- Scientific Name: Juniperus Communis
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Berry
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Woody, clean, spicy and rather balsamic
- Main Chemical Components: alpha pinene, sabinene
- May support a healthier kidney as well as urinary tract function
- Acts as a whole-natural toner for your skin
- Has a rather grounding and calming effect
- May act as a cleanser as well as a detoxifying agent
How To Use Black Juniper Berry Oil
Depending on the results that you are aiming for, juniper berry oil could be used in three different manners or in combination of all of them. This means that you can isolate different uses in order to pursue separate health benefits which can be derived from using the oil. Alternatively, you can make a combination of topical, aromatic and internal usage in order to enjoy a concentrated bouquet of advantages. It truly depends on your preferences and goals.
Directions for Use:
Right off the bat, you can diffuse a few drops in order to induce a very calming and woody sensation – this is going to help you battle high anxiety levels throughout the intensive day. You can do this in the morning or you can use your diffuser in the office. If you want to use the product internally, you need to maintain adequate proportions. Adding one drop of the oil to approximately 4 fl. oz. is considered to be the standard amount. As far as topical usage goes, it is always beneficial to dilute it with carrier oil. This is going ensure that despite of how sensitive the area you are applying it to is, you won’t overly irritate the skin
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: Same as the majority of the essential oils, using a regular diffuser is going to do you a lot of good. Add up to four drops in it and enjoy a homemade aromatherapy session which will calm your nerves.
- Topical Use: As it is a bit stronger, you might want to use carrier oil in order to dilute it over sensitive skin areas. This is going to prevent any unwanted and unnecessary skin irritation.
- Internal Use: Add a drop or two in your everyday citrus drinks. This can enhance their natural cleansing properties and it could help you achieve better results.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Juniper berry oil is well known for its woody, clean and rather balsamic aroma. As such, it is widely used for aroma therapy. It can induce a feeling of comfort and relaxation, hence relieving stress and enabling you to handle anxious situations. Diffuse it to experience positive feelings.
- It may also stimulate healthy functioning of your immune system. This is particularly important. Internal usage of the oil may also lead to further benefits related to your digestive system.
- Breathing diffused aroma of the oil may promote healthy respiratory and lung functioning. The same can be achieved if you rub one or two oils of it on your hands and put them together over your nose and mouth.
- It may have strong antioxidant properties and as such you can incorporate it in your detox sessions. This can significantly enhance the results. You can simply add a few drops to your citrus drinks.
- The oil may act as a natural skin toner. With this in mind, if you feel like your skin is paler than normal, you can take mix it with your moisturizer.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Research
Juniper berry is a shrub which is commonly encountered throughout the entire Northern hemisphere. As such, some of its main characteristic include that it’s evergreen, the shrubs can reach to a height of about 10 feet and the berries themselves are rather small. The berries are overly used for the volatile oils that they produce after being treated with the process of steam distillation. Even though the berries are usually produced from a native shrub, those which are commercially distributed are collected from plants which are usually cultivated in Hungary. This is especially true for the oil which is being distilled in Europe.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Nutrition
Having a rich history of traditional uses and advantages, the essential oil may act as natural cleansing as well as detoxifying agent. One of the properties that the oil is renowned for is the particularly comforting aroma. Diffusing just a drop or two is going to induce a feeling of calmness and relaxation which can bring comfort in stressful situations. The oils are also known to contain other substances such as sugar, resin, tar, terpenes and tannins. What is more, the berries themselves also have certain value as they are high in phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin C and potassium amongst other nutrients. This is the main reason that juniper berry essential oil may enhance kidney functioning.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Safety
Even though this is an entirely natural extract, the properties that it contains might cause certain complications if safety is not being accounted for. This is why you have to make sure that it doesn’t come in contact with certain overly sensitive areas of your body such as your eyes, inner ears, and others of this kind. Furthermore, it is important to ensure that they are kept in a safe place away from children. If you are currently pregnant or you are undergoing certain specific medical treatment, a consultation with your physician is absolutely necessary before you start using it.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Substitutes
Given the fact that it produces quite an extraordinary aroma, it goes without saying that you substitute your regular diffuser compounds with this one. This is definitely going to enhance the overall ambiance of your home or office – wherever it is that you use the diffuser. Furthermore, it’s clear that the oil can deliver strong anti-aging capacities and it’s an appropriate substitute for over-the-counter cosmetic products. The latter are widely known to contain different artificial and potentially dangerous compounds.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Blends Well With
Juniper berry oil is rather strong when applied topically. As such, it goes well with certain milder compounds such as lavender, rosemary and wild orange oil. The milder oil works as carrier to dilute the the extract in order to avoid any potential skin irritations. At the same time, combining it with lemon, lime, grapefruit, clary sage, tangerine, cypress or bergamot oil might increase the overall health benefits that it brings on the table. The aroma of the berry is definitive and characteristic as it is and it might not be a good idea to blend it with other ones.
Regardless of whether you need a convenient skin toner or to induce a positive, youthful complexion on your skin, juniper berry oil might be able to help you out. At the same time, the very characteristic spicy, woody and yet particularly fresh aroma has a very grounding effect which is going to sooth your nerves in tough moments. What is more, the oil may provide certain integral benefits for your overall health. As it was mentioned, it may assist your digestive system as well as your overall nervous system. Of course, you can always just rub a drop or two in your hands and inhale for the overly soothing sensation.
There are thousands of people throughout the entire world who have definitively experienced the beneficial properties of juniper berry essential oil. What is more, there is research which backs up some of the advantages. However, it’s quite obvious that science fails to catch up and as such the FDA is yet to approve the medicinal properties of the product. This is why it’s unadvisable to replace your clinically prescribed medication with juniper berry oil.