Are you struggling with staying active in the early hours of the afternoon?
Do you get anxious moods regularly?
Are deadlines knocking on the door?
White fir essential oil is undoubtedly amongst the most popular aromatic oils on the market. Extracted from the needles of the white fir tree through the process of steam distillation, the compound brings a soothing and calming aroma. Apart from that, it can induce a feeling of stability. Interestingly enough, when diffused, the oil can significantly uplift your spirit and energize you. At the same time, it can create a relaxing atmosphere to relieve you from the stress of the busy work day.
What is White Fir Essential Oil?
- Scientific Name: Abies Alba
- Application: Aromatic, topical
- Plant Part: Needles
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Aromatic Description: Powder, clean, woody and crisp
- Main Chemical Components: Limonene, borryl acetate and beta pinene
- It can evoke powerful feelings of stability
- The oil may induce a relaxing and calming sensation
- You can use it to lift your spirits and promote positivity
How to Use White Fir Oil
Unlike certain other essential oils, this one is incapable of being used internally. However, it does bring a significant amount of benefits when used as part of your aromatherapy or if applied directly. Of course, there’s nothing that’s keeping you from combining both methods to draw maximum value.
White Fir Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: Diffuse a drop or two in a commercially bought diffuser to promote soothing sensation and feelings of stability.
- Topical Use: Rub the oil on your skin gently in order to induce soothing comfort after stressful and strenuous activities.
- Internal Use: The oil can’t be used internally
Directions for Use:
Using the oil under certain allowed and recommended proportions is very important. For instance, if you want to diffuse it, you shouldn’t put more than four drops in the diffuser in order to draw the maximum value. Furthermore, even though it’s allowed to use it directly on your skin without carrier oil, it’s advisable that you refrain from doing so. This may provoke skin irritation and you definitely want to avoid that.
White Fir Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Right off the bat, when you are undergoing difficulties at home or at work, you can diffuse a few drops of the oil in order to relieve the stress. You can do so in the office as well.
- If you’ve undergone strenuous physical activity and you feel your muscles are beginning to get sore, you should rub some oil gently and massage the designated area. This may induce soothing comfort and may relieve you from the stress.
- The oil may also evoke feelings of stability.
- If you are struggling with keeping up with tight deadlines, add a drop of the oil to your shower routine. This may energize and empower you substantially.
- You can also diffuse a few drops of the oil in your office in order to get through that early afternoon lethargy and be more energetic.
White Fir Essential Oil Research
White fir oil is derived from the Abies concolor tree which is indigenous to the mountains located on the western parts of North America. The trees are encountered at an elevation of about 900 to 3400 meters. They are pretty characteristic as they can get rather tall – some of them reach a height of approximately 60 meters. The oil is derived from their needles through the process of steam distillation. The resulting compound is known to bring a range of benefits and that’s why it’s commonly used in aromatherapy. However, you should also keep in mind that the FDA is yet to approve and recognize any of its beneficial properties.
White Fir Essential Oil Nutrition
The oil doesn’t bring any significant nutritional values. However, it’s worth noting that this has never been any of its designations. Instead, it may provide quite a lot of benefits, especially if you use it over a longer period of time. For instance, you may massage it gently on your skin in order to induce feelings of soothing comfort after strenuous activities. You can also diffuse it in your office because the oil is known to help you reduce stress levels. Furthermore, the aroma of white fir may evoke powerful feelings of stability. You can also add a drop of it to your shower in order to evoke a sensation of energy and excitement. This is particularly helpful when deadlines are pressing in.
White Fir Essential Oil Safety
There are certain considerations that you might account for when using the oil. Even though it may bring serious benefits, you should exercise reasonable care while using it. Keep it away from your eyes and inner ears. Make sure that it’s kept at a safe location out of the reach of your children. Furthermore, refrain from using the oil if you are undergoing any specific medical treatment or if you are currently pregnant. Of course, if your treating physician or gynecologist allows it, you might go ahead and take advantage.
White Fir Essential Oil Substitute
White fir works as a great stress-reliever and as such you might substitute it for any other DIY stress-handling solutions that you are using. Furthermore, it is known for having a very relaxing and rather calming effect on your skin after hard workouts or stressful activity. As such, you may use it in parallel or instead of muscle recovery products. The oil may also promote certain feelings of stability and as such it might be a good idea to diffuse it instead of using a common and chemically infused air freshener in your office.
White Fir Essential Oil Blends Well With
The oil is known to be particularly versatile. As such, it could go great with a lot of other oils. However, depending on the results that you would want to achieve, certain mixes might have a more powerful effect. For example, if you want to achieve a rather neutral and grounding atmosphere, you might want to blend it with patchouli oil. Diffuse up to 4 drops of the resulting mixture and enjoy the results. On the other hand, if you want to induce a soothing and relaxed sensation, you should combine the oil with lavender, frankincense or lime – all of the combinations are going to help you achieve the desired outcome.
It goes without saying that the oil may induce strong health benefits. Famous for its calming and soothing effects, white fir oil may also help you with a range of other things. This is the main reason for which it has been used for a significant amount of time. Unlike other oils, white fir can’t be taken internally but this doesn’t limit its beneficial effects. As a matter of fact, both the aromatic and the topical application methods may provide quite a lot of overall health benefits.
White fir oil has been around for quite some time. A lot of people have reported its powerful health benefits. What is more, it is actively used as an important part of a range of different aromatherapy sessions. Unfortunately though, science has quite a lot of catching up to do. As such, the FDA is yet to approve its medicinal properties and the oil hasn’t received any sort of official recognition. That’s why it’s important to refrain from substituting it for any kind of prescribed drugs or medication.